SNDA Video Scrapbook Competition 2018
The SNDA Video Scrapbook Competition is designed to highlight the achievements of local SNDA chapters throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. The Student National Dental Association and National Dental Association proudly sponsor this year’s SNDA Video Scrapbook Competition.
Each local chapter must create and upload a 1-3 minute video via YouTube highlighting community service, socials, and business events of the past year. Scrapbook videos will be showcased at the National Dental Association’s Presidents’ Symposium and the Student National Dental Association’s Gala. By submitting this video, permission is given to the SNDA to share these videos.
Local chapters MUST comply with all requirements of national membership to be eligible for this contest. Chapters in good standing must have:
- A submitter who has paid national fees for the academic year of 2017-2018
- Retained a NDA Supporting Member as the faculty advisor
How to Submit
Each chapter must submit the Scrapbook Entry Form to the Student National Dental Association by June 17th, 2018 11:59 pm EST via the online form. (CHAPTERS PLEASE NOTE: The abstract, online form and link to chapter videos should be submitted together on the same form.)
*ALL required entry information must be submitted prior to the deadline. Late submissions will be penalized 10 points. Incomplete and ineligible submissions will receive zero points.
Contest Rules & Judging Criteria
To highlight the service, social, and business achievements of local SNDA chapters throughout the 2017-2018 academic year.
Each Video Must Include:
- Name of Chapter/School
- SNDA Officers (all levels)
- Evidence of SNDA Impressions Program
- Evidence of Community Service
Community service is defined as SNDA chapter activities that serve the citizens of the community. Examples of possible chapter activities include, but are not limited to:
- Hospital/health facility activity
- Health fairs
- Oral health screenings
- Chapter fundraising or donation to a community charity
- Chapter visiting an elementary school or nursing home/senior center
- Chapter activity with or for another non-profit organization
- Evidence of Professional Meetings
Professional Meetings include a meeting other than a regular business meeting at which a time a guest speaker, media, field trip or other special feature is presented (e.g. Lunch and Learns)
- Social Activities
- Other Chapter Activities
Oral Cancer Walk, formal events, etc.
Note: Please make sure that the “unlisted” option is selected for video entries. This will enable only link holders to view the video.
Video format is left to the discretion of local chapters and can include (but is not limited to): picture slideshows, video compilations, audio, etc.
The video must not exceed 3 minutes and must be at least 1 minute in length.
The video must be finalized or rendered at minimum HD 720p or HD 1080p.
Each Chapter participating in the SNDA Video Scrapbook Competition must complete the Entry Form and submit the video’s YouTube link by June 17th, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
All videos must be uploaded and kept as “unlisted”
Only use of authorized content: including music, images, film clips, and other intellectual property will be permitted.
Awards will be categorized by small, medium, and large chapters. Chapter size is determined by number of national members in the 2017-2018 academic school year. Each category will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Monetary awards will be given to chapters that place in each category.
- Small Chapter: 1-20 National Members
- Medium Chapter: 21-39 National Members
- Large: 40 + National Members
Total points: 90
- Content – 40 points
- Evidence of SNDA Impressions Program (max. 10 points)
- Evidence of Community Service Activity (max. 10 points)
- Evidence of Professional Meetings (max. 10 points)
- Evidence of Social Activities (max. 10 points)
- Technical Excellence – 30 points
- Creativity (max. 15 points)
- Visual and Sound Quality (max. 10 points)
- Design (max. 5 points)
- Overall Quality – 10 points
- Overall impression/meaningfulness – 10 points