In order for a new SNDA to be established or a previously existing chapter to be re-established, a potential chapter members must complete the following steps:
Identify an advisor at the potential chapter’s dental school
- Follow any university guidelines necessary to establish/register an organization on campus.
- Establish a Chapter Constitution and By-laws
- Elect a local executive board. Once chapter President is identified – must be added to President’s GroupMe (must contact DRC by email to be added).
- Complete Chapter Contact form & attend monthly Presidents meeting (must contact DRC by email for form & monthly meeting information)
Must advise DRC by email of the chapter’s desire to present a speech at an HOD meeting for chapter initiation.
Have delegate(s) present at the Mid Year Delegates Meeting or National Convention.
- Delegate must present a speech at the House of Delegates meeting.
- Speech topics should include (but are not limited to):
- Chapter Initiation Reasoning
- Sustainability Plans (May also present examples of past events held)
- Visions, missions, and plans for new chapter
- *Potential chapters are allowed to carry out local programming prior to being voted in as a new chapter and can use those events as examples given in their speech. – hosting local programming prior to presenting the chapter speech is not required, but an option.
Receive a majority vote at the either House of Delegates Meeting for chapter initiation.